Joint Commission Accreditation
A national accreditor of healthcare organizations, The Joint Commission, is dedicated to continously improving the safety and quality of the nation’s health care through accreditation. Since our first survey in 1990, Home Care Medical continues to improve the quality of the care, services and products we provide to the residents of Southeastern Wisconsin and we are pleased to have received successful Joint Commission accreditation for all our patient care locations. As a result of our demonstrated compliance with the Joint Commission’s standards of high quality care and national patient safety goals, we have achieved the highest level of accreditation – the Gold Seal of Approval.™ This Gold Seal represents our team members continued commitment and dedication to excellence.
The Gold Seal of Approval™ means Home Care Medical is committed to giving safe, high quality health care and to continually working to improve that care.
We demonstrate that commitment by:
- Requiring all team members to attend Med University – a comprehensive and in-depth home medical equipment industry education program
- Performing patient home safety assessments and reporting unsafe living environments
- Improving the effectiveness of communication among caregivers and working closely with all service providers involved in the patient’s care
- Instructing patients and caregivers on the use of equipment
- Providing comprehensive training and follow-up to our patients receiving high tech therapies (including ventilator, tracheostomy, IV and their caregivers
- Providing comprehensive follow-up and compliance monitoring of our sleep apnea patients (CPAP)
- Monitoring our enteral patients for adverse drug reactions, problems and responses to medications/formulas
- Adding to our inventory of quality, cost-effective equipment as new products enter the market
- Providing product and therapy iservices for our referral sources to assist them in selecting the most appropriate products for their patients
Individuals with concerns about patient care and safety are encouraged to contact Home Care Medical Management at 262.786.9870. The pubic and individuals with concerns that have not been addressed by the company may contact the Joint Commission’s Office of Quality Monitoring to report safety or other concerns regarding a Joint Commission-accredited health care organization by calling 800.994.6610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.