Supporting our Community
Go RED for Women
February 3, 2017 – Today, in honor of Go Red for Women, Home Care Medical team members are pleased to support the American Heart Association in the fight against Heart Disease by collecting donations. The number one killer of women is Heart Disease – taking more women’s lives every year than even cancer. This deadly disease can only be stopped through education and awareness. Together with the strength of mothers, sisters, daughters and friends, we can put an end to Heart Disease. It’s time to Go Red, Wisconsin.
Heart Disease Causes
According to the American Heart Association, Heart Disease affects the blood vessels and cardiovascular system. Numerous problems can result from this, many of which are related to a process called atherosclerosis, a condition that develops when plaque builds up in the walls of the arteries. This buildup narrows the arteries, making it harder for blood to flow through. If a blood clot forms, it can stop the blood flow. This can cause a heart attack or stroke.
But it doesn’t end there. Heart Disease can take many other forms as well:
- Heart failure or congestive heart failure
- Arrhythmia or an abnormal rhythm of the heart
- Heart valve problems
Know Your Risk: Visit the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women website.
Prevent Heart Disease
The key takeaway is that with the right information, education and care, heart disease in women can be treated, prevented and even ended. Studies show that healthy choices have resulted in 330 fewer women dying from heart disease per day.
Here are a few lifestyle changes you should make:
- Don’t smoke
- Manage your blood sugar and blood pressure
- Lower your cholesterol
- Know your family history
- Stay active and eat healthy
Live Healthy: From learning how to prevent Heart Disease and Stress Management to Heart Healthy Recipes, visit the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women website.
It’s time to Go Red
Home Care Medical has many products to help you in the fight against Heart Disease.
- Get active with our Dr. Comfort Flex-OA footwear – proven to reduce the load on your knees by 20%.
- Our Health-Ox Pulse Oximeter provides instant and accurate oxygen saturation and heart rate feedback while you exercise.
- Our Omron IntelliSense Blood Pressure Monitor quickly and easily displays your blood pressure and pulse.
Home Care Medical . . . helping you and your family get on with life!