No More Mobility Addendums Session 0.2 CEUs
Home Care Medical is pleased to partner with U.S. Rehab and VGM Education for a CEU opportunity regarding Mobility Assistive Equipment (MAE).
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Home Care Medical, 5665 South Westridge Drive, Suite 200, Learning Center, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151
- Free Event 0.2 CEUs
- Registration Required (scroll down for registration form)
Who Should Attend
- Therapists looking for CEU credits
- Therapists wanting to more efficiently complete a wheelchair evaluation and save time
- Therapists seeking to avoid back and forth paperwork
Get it right the first time. In this session participants will gain insight into Medicare’s (and many other payers – Medicaid, etc.) claim processing and review guidelines for mobility assistive equipment (MAE) and related accessories. The instructor (a former Medicare claims processing senior manager) will demonstrate how to effectively and efficiently document the medical necessity for mobility assistive equipment and related accessories, the first time. Attendees will learn how to provide the payer with what is required to ensure timely and accurate approval of MAE for qualified patients. In doing so will enable the therapist to be more efficient by eliminating the need for addendums and reduce unnecessary delays in delivery of the mobility assistive equipment.
- The participants will be able to recognize how to properly document the medical necessity for mobility assistive equipment and related accessories.
- Upon completion of this course participants will be able to identify the necessary language for a comprehensive evaluation for the purpose of Medicare reimbursement.
- Participants will be able to prepare a wheelchair evaluation with the expected content and format required for reimbursement.
INSTRUCTOR DANIEL FEDOR
Daniel Fedor is the Compliance Director with U.S. Rehab, a division of VGM Group, Inc. He has more than 24 years of experience with DME reimbursement and compliance, including implementing compliance programs for mobility providers, reviewing medical documentation to ensure compliance with the Mobility Assistive Equipment (MAE) policy and representing providers during the appeals process. Dan previously was compliance officer and director of education for Pride Mobility Products Corp. His career in the industry began with a Jurisdiction A DME MAC (Medicare) where he served as an ombudsman then as manager for electronic data interchange and claims processing. He earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Penn State University.
In order to receive proper credit for VGM Education sessions, you must complete the following requirements: sign in before the session begins; be present for at least 90% of the session; complete a program evaluation at the conclusion of the session. Your name and company name must be included on the evaluation form to receive credit. Credit will not be awarded if all of these requirements are not met. VGM Education has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.2 CEUs (2 contact hours) for this program.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
There are two ways to register for this FREE event:
- Please contact Lori Maas, Manager of Rehab Technology at Home Care Medical via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 262.957.5555.
- Or, registration is also available by filling out the form below: